Director of Operations
Location: Remote (with some travel)
Comp range: $80-120K
We help entrepreneurs stay focused on their unique abilities, scale their team and get their ideas executed in a cost-effective way.
Why this role exists:
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations will be the person who integrates and oversees all the major operating functions of the business. Your focus will be on finance, process, hiring, and management of a fully distributed team, which will free the CEO to focus on product, vision, and business development. Together, you will work on improving Leverage’s current offering, growing a world-class remote team and launching new product lines.
What’s in it for me?:
Join at a pivotal time in the growth trajectory of Leverage and work side-by-side (remotely) with a seasoned founder with a passion for creating companies that disrupt the way people work. Nick is the co-founder of Leverage, founder and CEO of Efficient Frontier Solutions, contributor to INC magazine and the co-author of the book Idea to Execution. You will shape and guide an organization that provides flexible, meaningful work and frees the valuable time of our clients.
- 7+ years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Our vision resonates with you. Delegation, productivity hacking and the future of work is your jam!
- Experience working remotely and managing distributed teams
- Deep experience with process creation, optimization, automation, implementation, and integration
- You will complete an operational audit of Leverage’s current processes, systems, and workflow that will guide your 12-month plan
- You will turn Leverage’s internal operations into a well-oiled machine by constantly seeking and creating new ways to improve how work gets done including research, test, implement and integrate new tools with the goal of improving internal efficiencies
- You will own our fixed price offering, including project management and roll-out of this shift in product and launching a “menu” of 10+ projects that are fixed price and can lead to $3M in total revenues over the following year
- You will help create a “human systems” culture that allows for anyone to jump into any role and succeed through detailed processes (think of a checklist)
- You will lead and optimize our recruiting, education and retention efforts
- Solid grasp of Zapier, and other automation tools
- Project management
- People management
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage and create P+Ls
- You are growth-minded, curious, and resourceful (you *always* figure out a way)
- You are a lover of efficiency, delegation, and everything that makes your life or others more productive
- You ooze autonomy and extreme ownership when you say something is “handled” it gets done
- You love making order from chaos (simplify, streamline, eliminate, etc)
- You are an extreme problem solver
- You are proactive, data-driven and comfortable with ambiguity
- You are high EQ but also, no bull sh**, you are direct and honest but communicate with kindness